Tonight I was in the locker room of the gym* we joined over the weekend, getting ready to go for a swim, when I heard someone mention the place where I work. She had seen a listing in the paper for the movie fest that's running this weekend. When she finished her conversation, I told her that I worked there. She was all excited and wanted to know how she could find out more about the events we host. She doesn't have a computer, so that was out. After thinking about it for a moment, I was able to remember the 1-800 reference line phone number and said she could call the number and get on the mailing list for the calendar of events. She was delighted. She left, I went for my swim, and we got Matchbox take out for dinner. All is well in my world.
* Think Average Joe's ** with a pool and you'll have the right idea.
** If you don't understand the reference and you like silly movies with a snarky side, then go rent this.
2 comments:
Does this mean I could watch you swim all week on the Ocho?
I'm up to five and looking for two more random things.
Hi, C! Thanks so much for your feedback on Western Mass. I (my "friend") have a job prospect in the Deerfield area. The first interview went well, and I'm hoping that the second will be in their office to see the area. I know that it's almost 2 hours from Boston, but if we go, my BF may be working in Boston, so we'd live somewhere in the middle of the two. Or, we'd live closer to Deerfield if he finds work there. I'm in Norfolk, but work in DC 2-3 days a week. I'd say, from what research I've done that it's less expensive than DC.
Shoot me an email if you have any other suggestons. I'd love your insight! Thank you so much!
geg5150@gmail.com
Post a Comment