I was able to complete this today. What do you think? I'm having a little bit of difficulty figuring out how to get clear, focused photos of my needlework on my digital camera. Any suggestions?
That's a great ornament, and very southwestern :-) Sorry to cross-post, but I read the bride's tree SAL blog first..
I find that taking a picture without flash makes the colors look more lifelike, but runs the risk of having an unfocused picture. Using the flash close up though washes out the colors. I've discovered that holding the camera 2-3 feet above/away from the piece, zooming in, and then using the flash usually gives me the best results... but my pictures aren't so great either, so I'm curious to see what everyone else suggests!
I found that lightbox tutorial that I mentioned at the Brides Tree Sal. It's so easy! Here is the link.http://iamsusie.blogspot.com/ Scroll down a bit to the post titled, DIY Lightbox. If the link doesn't work, I will be posting it on my blog soon.Let me know if you do it and what results you got if you don't mind. Or better yet, show us the results!
4 comments:
That's a great ornament, and very southwestern :-) Sorry to cross-post, but I read the bride's tree SAL blog first..
I find that taking a picture without flash makes the colors look more lifelike, but runs the risk of having an unfocused picture. Using the flash close up though washes out the colors. I've discovered that holding the camera 2-3 feet above/away from the piece, zooming in, and then using the flash usually gives me the best results... but my pictures aren't so great either, so I'm curious to see what everyone else suggests!
Ooh, I didn't see that one yet! Must head over there to comment. Very nice! I like the finish too.
Looks lovely! Be sure to use the macro setting on your camera (the tulip symbol) its designed for you to be up close and personal!
I found that lightbox tutorial that I mentioned at the Brides Tree Sal. It's so easy! Here is the link.http://iamsusie.blogspot.com/
Scroll down a bit to the post titled, DIY Lightbox. If the link doesn't work, I will be posting it on my blog soon.Let me know if you do it and what results you got if you don't mind. Or better yet, show us the results!
Post a Comment