Sunday, March 20, 2011

Muffaletta Pasta

Today when I was rummaging through my refrigerator for lunch, I pulled out a bunch of different things that I wanted to use up. I'm not usually much of a cook, but in a Rachael Ray sort of moment, I managed to put together something that was O.M.G. delicious. It didn't hurt that my concoction contained the Holy Trinity of taste: fat, salt, and sugar. This definitely isn't health food, and there are substitutions that could be made to make it moderately more healthy, but this was definitely tasty. All measurements are approximate, since I was using up leftover bits.

8 oz. medium pasta (I used rotini), cooked and drained
3 or 4 heaping Tbsp of muffaletta salad mix (or 1/4 C diced olives and 1 Tbsp of olive oil)
minced garlic (to taste)
small palmful of diced lunch meat (I used pepperoni)
1/2 to 3/4 C of spicy spaghetti sauce (I used Arrabiata)
shredded cheese (provolone if you have it; I used parmesan)

Cook and drain the pasta. In a small saucepan, heat the muffaletta mix and garlic over medium-low heat until you can start to smell the olives. Add the lunch meat and saute until the meat is heated through. Add the spagetti sauce and just bring to a boil. Mix the pasta with the sauce and serve with a sprinkling of cheese.

Makes 2 servings.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Yummy! That sounds terrific.