This is the first project that came to mind. It was time to decide whether I was going to stitch it or purge it. I've had it since 1993 or 1994. I bought it to stitch for my true BFF Jen, whom I've known since Kindergarten. Sadly, with all that backstitching, even if I just did her name, I'd never finish it.

Next I considered this, but it's a dissertation, and I won't finish it in the year time frame we have. I still want to stitch it someday. Maybe when the girls move out of the house and I retire.

This was in the running.

And this.
In the end, it came down to two projects. One that's from the early 1990s and half finished already and that I still finding appealing. (I started this for a child who's now a teenager. Oops.) I've moved this into "active" workbasket in hopes of finishing it too (but for someone else).
And the one I've decided is my official project. I was really in the mood for some spring time stitching, and the Lion and Lamb theme called to me. I'm going to play with the colors to make them more spring-ish and change "Peace" to something else, probably "Joy" or "Spring".
So, what do you think? Is this a good project for Lee's challenge? My start date for the project is March 24.
1 comment:
I like the Crowning Glory. It reminds me of one that I did-I can't tell by the photo if it is the same one. The one I did was my first cross-stitch AND hardanger project and even as a total beginner it went by quickly.
Mary
Post a Comment