Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update

It's hard to believe it's been 20 days since I last posted, but it's been a crazy month. Since June 22 and my not-a-vacation post, we've been down with illness. DH's bronchitis developed into pneumonia, DDA acquired a virus, I caught the virus, and then DDL caught it. DDL's then developed into pneumonia. We had 5 doctor's visits in 8 days with DDL, who took the last of her antibiotics this morning and is doing much better. Last week was the first week we've had since early June with the girls in daycare for the full week - it seems like a small miracle.

So, I've not been doing much besides tending to sick folk. I haven't been reading -- books or blogs -- much; there's been no soup (although DH made a fabulous Shepherd's Pie with leftover BBQ beef one night); and I've missed a fair amount of work.

I have done a small amount of stitching. I learned that I can work on small, simple pieces while holding a sleeping baby on my chest. I finished the stitching on my Swirlygig for Anna's contest. It still needs some embellishments and to be finished, but neither should take me long. I need to see if I can find one item to complete the embellishing (I have the rest of what I need), and then I just need to break out my sewing machine. I knew when I saw the pattern exactly what I wanted to do to complete this. Unfortunately, I can't show you pictures until after the contest is over.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

It was good to see you and your recovered family. Your girls are so cute.