Ok, so this is last week's question, but I find it more interesting than this week's question.
Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)
Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? Frivolous
Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? Paperbacks
Fiction? Or Nonfiction? Fiction
Poetry? Or Prose? Prose
Biographies? Or Autobiographies? Autobiographies, preferably Travel Memoirs
History? Or Historical Fiction? Historical Fiction, if we have to do history at all (I know - sad for an archivist, huh?)
Series? Or Stand-alones? Either
Classics? Or best-sellers? Best-sellers
Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? Not fruity
Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? Plots
Long books? Or Short? Both have their place; well-written and well-editted are more important
Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? Illustrated non-fiction; non-illustrated fiction
Borrowed? Or Owned? Owned (You never know if you'll be able to find it again if you don't own it.)
New? Or Used? Not beat up.
3 comments:
Have you read Give Me the World by Leila Hadley? I quite enjoyed it. Single mother traveling the world in the 1950s.
By the big red barn in the great green field . . .
Anna - yes. You recommended on your blog a while ago, and we ended up reading it for our then fledging alumnae book group. I quite enjoyed it.
BA - There was a pink pig who was learning to squeal....
Post a Comment