Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What are you grateful for?

Special K asks, "What are you grateful for?" As she writes:

This post comes close on the heels of the previous one, but this seemed worth posting. One of the blogs I read regularly is Zen Habits and today's post (by a guest blogger) is "Three Truths to Help You Create a Life of Gratitude." Towards the end, the author issues the "The Zen Habits Gratefulness Challenge." The first part of the challenge is to "Spend three minutes every morning writing down a few things you are grateful for that day." So, although some readers may find it self-indulgent, I thought I might as well document those things in this space. Ok, the three minutes starts . . . now!

I am grateful for my husband. He is loving, kind, thoughtful, and smart. He can be a bit of a goofball, but in the grand scheme of things, he's one of the good guys. Having had my share of dysfunctional in the past, I really appreciate that he is one of the good ones.

I am grateful for my life. It has had it's ups and downs, but the ups outweigh the downs. I have had some amazing opportunities that I never dreamed were possible when I was growing up. I've had periods where the downs have brought me down with them, and it has taken me a long time to deal with some of them, but most days now I can step back and look at where I am and what I've achieved and say "Well Done!"

I am grateful for my friends. My Myers-Briggs profile will tell you that I'm one of those people who have layers of friends. I value most my "inner circle". These are the friends who are with me day in and day out or whenever I have needed them. I hope I am the same to them; I try to be.

The second part of the Zen Habits Gratefulness Challenge is to pass on the challenge to others. I ask you, my readers, "What are you grateful for?"

No comments: