Monday, March 3, 2014

My Nephews' Samplers

I can't believe I forgot to post the pictures of these framed. The pictures are horrible, but you can see the framing OK. All three use the same frame and same green mat. The undermat is light blue on two and yellow on one. The framer did a fantastic job making them all the same height, as there's about an 1 to 2 inch difference between all of the samplers. The widths are all different, but close enough that the casual observer isn't going to notice.

My sister was delighted with them, and my oldest niece started campaigning to get a matching one with bling. I don't have a picture of hers, but it's very country-kitchen sort of design (I bought the pattern in colonial Williamsburg in 1992) and done in bubble gum colors. It was my sister's style when my niece was born, but it's so much not my niece. Since her birthday is also in November, I'd either re-do the middle pattern or find something similar.



No comments: