Sunday, March 2, 2014

Monocromatic Stitching

Some time at the end of January, I found my stitching groove again. Blame it on the weather or in anticipation of the Olympics. I'm just happy that I've had time to put needle to fabric again.

I started this project last fall and finished it yesterday. It's Autumn Spice + White by Bent Creek. I used WDW Tobacco Road instead, and I'm still trying to decide if I want to fill in the turkey. I also changed the wording from Bless You to Thank You, because that's more my style. If I did it again, I would adjust the lettering a bit, but overall, I loved working on this project.


Not a stitching project, but the Valetine's cards I made with the girls this year. So much fun. They're from Stampin' Up, and we added little heart erasers (instead of chocolates) under the hands. Normally, I'm all for chocolate, but I've found that my girls get a steady stream of sugar at school already, and I appreciate when we receive non-food treats.


This is another project I started in the fall. It's been my travel project as much as anything. It's DMC (108 + 310) on Aida, so I'm not afraid to wash it if I have to. I found the pattern via the DMC blog, and the original pattern is here.


Finally, do you remember this project? I started it in June 2008 as part of the ornament SAL.  The last time I showed you the progress on it was January 2011. I had a babysitting gig through our co-op the end of this January and was able to spend some quality time with it. If I have one real stitching goal this year, it is to finish this. Only 30 rows (of 81) to go. It's over one with two threads of GAST Cranberry on platinum cashel. The pattern is Rejoice from Milady's Needle.


One of these days, I'll return to more complicated patterns. For now, I'm enjoying the one-color-floss challenge. Especially since I only spend 1/2 hour stitching at a time, these kinds of projects allow me to see progress quickly.

No comments: