Jo at Serendipitous Stitching posted this list of 11 questions, which I thought would be fun to answer.
1. how long is it since you’ve last played, sat on the floor, with a kid?
Not long.
2. your favourite school trip? We took a number of memorable trips when I was in school: the Rochester Planetarium, Corning Museum of Glass, and Buffalo Zoo. The most memorable had to be our senior trip to the Gettysburg Battlefield, Colonial Williamsburg, and Busch Gardens.
3. when you go to sleep, do you wake up in the same position, or do you find blankets and pillows all over the place? I roll over a lot during the night.
4. shades, hat or both? Both, especially when it's super-sunny. I get sun headaches otherwise.
5. was there a time you thought “I wish I was born there!”, if so when/where was it? Not really.
6. do you know how to make candy corn? could you tell me? No idea. I do know how to make marshmallows from scratch though.
7.
how many years have you been stitching? did you learn by yourself or
did someone help you along the way to the stitching madness it’s
nowadays? I started stitching sometime in the mid-to-late '80s. I didn't get serious about it until the early '90s, when I was overseas and unemployed. I'm pretty much self taught, although I grew up in a crafty family.
8. the perfect sandwich: what is in it? These days, it's a muffaleta. Growing up, I was a huge fan of fried bologna sandwiches.
9. honestly, do you think ironing our clothes is really necessary? how do you deal with the dullest house work ever? I only iron my craft projects. Ironing clothes is a huge waste of time. This was the chore I least liked doing growing up, especially since my mother used to claim that she loved to iron and then would make me do it. I remember having a big fight with my parents over ironing at least once. The only way ironing clothes is bearable is if I'm doing it while watching television.
10. you reckon there’re even duller things than ironing? what is it?!
11. is there a TV commercial you like? (makes you laugh, takes you back to old times, reminds you of someone you know, ..) As a kid, I really loved Schoolhouse Rock. It's fun watching them again with my kids. And speaking of kids, right after mine were born in 2008, DH and I were watching a lot of Nationals' games. When the 2009 season started, we again tuned in. One evening as we were watching a game, two little heads whipped around to look at the TV. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on. They had recognized the opening music from the Amstel Light commercial. (It's the one with the elderly gentleman shouting something in Dutch that sounds like "Hum ma na, hum ma na, hum ma na, hey!") It would calm them down instantly every time it came on. It's been a couple of years since I've seen it. I wonder if they'd still react to it.
1 comment:
Schoolhouse Rocky, a chip off the block.....
I do love some homemade marshmallows. Good stuff.
The perfect sandwich? Corned beef rachel (coleslaw instead of sauerkraut) with swiss cheese and thousand island dressing on grilled rye.
I also do my once every six months ironing in front of the television. I don't mind it, probably because I don't do it often. Worst chore ever is mopping the floor or emptying the dishwasher.
Nick ADORED the piano music from the original iPad commercial. he would stop whatever he was doing and stare at the TV for as long as it was on. Every single time.
Post a Comment