Our summer is off to a good start. We spent a weekend at Solomon's Island. The girls are enjoying Adventure Camp. I'm enjoying the reduced laundry load (less bulky summer clothes + no white uniform shirts). We're working on a plan for our front yard, so that it's no longer just weeds and mulch.
The girls' love of swimming continues. They've discovered the diving board at our local pool. It's pure joy for them. DDL is so funny - she walks to the end, hops 3-8 times, and then jumps off. She started doing this after watching the Olympic trials for springboard diving. Never mind that she isn't yet 4 and has to wear a life vest while using the diving board. She and DDA watched someone dive backwards last weekend and wanted to try that too. Um, no.
I've made some bruscetta with farm fresh tomatoes (yummmm!). We also had some farm stand watermelon. Today I baked a rhubarb tart. I started stitching a small patriotic piece to send to a friend. I love summer. Now, if only I didn't have to work so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment