Monday, November 24, 2008

Hand-knit gifts

I have received many gifts for the girls that were hand-made. They're all lovely. I thought I'd showcase some of them here, since I'm not crafting these days. My friend Kim from college made today's selection. The first is a pair of socks made from scrap yarn. Very cute.

She also knit two blankets in a spiral pattern with washable wool.

These are the perfect size to use as lap blankets in the car seats, as modelled by DDA (white hat) and DDL (pink) here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm glad they worked out so well--and glad, too, that I didn't make them PINK. Not that I was tempted; I do know you, after all!

I don't think Barbies are the anti-Christ, but close....I never had to forbid them, however, as Katie's never shown the least bit of interest. Once, when she was four, a friend of her grandfather's asked in genuine astonishment, "What do you play with if you don't have any Barbies?" Katie looked the woman up and down, and said, "I have a REAL pony."

Glad to hear that you're doing well. The girls are beautiful.