Monday, May 26, 2008

Kitchen Renovation

We have been working on renovating our 100+ year old rowhouse since we moved in almost 10 years ago. It's had it's ups and downs, but we're finally nearing the end. We've re-plumbed, re-wired, re-walled, re-floored, etc. The last major piece of this was to do the kitchen. We've been putting it off since we moved in, but we finally decided to tackle it this year.

Not everything is done, but you can see the best of it in the photos below. It took about 4 months to be done, which included taking out the wall where the return in the island now sits (to the right in the top picture). I'm jumping up and down for joy.

5 comments:

Olga said...

your kitchen looks very nice, congratulations on finishing it.

Jennifer said...

The kitchen is gorgeous - I love all the light you get in there!

Geggie said...

The cabinets are lovely. I really like the yellow walls and that corner sink? So cool!

Anonymous said...

Had time to catch up on your blog. As someone who has actaully seen the "before" I can tell you that the "after" is just fabulous. I can see you "won" on the yellow walls. I like it and can't wait to see it in person! Marezeedotes

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're all enjoying the kitchen pictures. I'm hoping to find some "before" pictures to post.