For example, what is wrong with this picture?

It's worse when you realize that the mythology of these fairies says that a fairy is born when a baby laughs. Then why the impractical, overly sexual clothing, folks? And why is there a focus on pairing up with the boys in the latest movie? They don't need to pair up.
Lately, NickJr has been promoting Winx dolls, which seemed cute, so we watched an episode tonight.

Egads! These are worse bodies than Barbie has! This show is marketed to the 7-10 year old crowd. I told DH that we won't be putting this into the regular rotation.
Since I don't see us curing ourselves of our TV addition any time soon, I would like to find some shows or movies that present somewhat normal looking girls who aren't looking -- or dressed -- for a hook up. Suggestions?
1 comment:
I have never, ever been a fan of Tinkerbelle. I think she behaves like a spoiled, ridiculous brat (at least in the Peter Pan movie - she annoyed me so much I never watched anything else Tinkerbelle related)
Post a Comment