They should call this the pattern of 1,000 backstitches.
There's not a single cross-stitch in it anywhere.
I think I stitched every stitch in this twice.
The ripping nearly killed me.
And, then, of course, I decide to finish it as a biscournu and add the outlined border.
Sorry for the bad photo, but it's the only one where you can see the snowflakes and beads.
I'm glad I did this, but now I'm really, really glad it's done.
Sweetheart Tree Snowflakes in the Pines Platinum Cashel linen
I used the brown that the pattern used, the green that was one shade darker than the one used in the pattern, and the newer off-white, since the ecru just blended right in to the fabric.



3 comments:
Cute! And finishing it as a biscornu was a great idea.
It's pretty. Worth the 1000 backstitches!
Such a pretty, dainty, little thing you've made. Back stitches are beautiful.
Post a Comment