Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Dance

I finished my nephew's sampler last weekend. Here it is in all it's unironed glory. I'm looking for some sort of doo-dad to add to the top of it and my other nephews' samplers, like a charm or a birthstone. My mother's really keen on the birthstone idea. Anyone know where I can find smallish birthstone charms that are boyish that might work? I need something to represent August, September, and November.

This is the Acorn Garden Sampler from Patricia Ann designs. Stitched on 28 ct Platinum Cashel with the recommended threads.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You could do the little boy charms they have here: http://www.zulumoon.com/results_subCategory.asp?tCatID=CH&tSubCatID=52

I also really like Art Beads (http://www.artbeads.com), Brightlings Beads (http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/) and Fusion Beads (http://www.fusionbeads.com/) for their charms and stuff. I've purchased from them many times and have always gotten great service and quality items.

Artbeads has these silver plated Swarovski drops that should work too: http://www.artbeads.com/swarovski-channel-drops-silver-6mm.html

Jennifer said...

They also have them in gold plated

Unknown said...

@Jennifer - Perfect. Thanks.

Von said...

Very nice! You don't often see a Patricia Ann design on the blogs.

christine said...

C,

So, it's taken me long enough, but I just realized that you have a blog and found it today. Yay!!!!

I love the sampler. It's beautiful.

Happy Easter and Merry Spring!

Christine